The Guerrilla Painter Heads West
With Moby Van outfitted with a few new gizmos, the Guerrilla Painter
(aka Carl Judson) is off again, this time west to Seattle, Portland, Sonoma, San Diego and points in between. You can follow his progress here.
A plein air painter of 30 years, Carl will hold short half-day workshops along his route. The format for these workshops is an informal seminar style, focusing on "Finding Your Personal Style in Plein Air". Participants are encouraged to bring samples of their work to share. If you would like to host or attend one of these workshop/seminars, please contact Carl at: carl (at) guerrillapainter.com to make arrangements.
Here is his itinerary up to September 22:
- September 7: Orpha, WY (old Judson ranch)
- September 8: Buffalo, WY - Sheridan, WY
- September 9: Bozeman, MT
- September 10: Missoula, MT - Superior, MT
- September 11: Moses Lake, MT
- September 12-14: Seattle, WA
- September 15: Olympia, WA
- September 16: Portland, OR - Woodburn, OR
- September 17: Grant's Pass, OR
- September 18: Yreka, CA - Mount Shasta, CA
- September 19: Clearlake, CA
- September 20: Sonoma, CA
- September 21: Sonoma, CA
- September 22: Richmond, CA
On his last trip, he stopped for 15 visits with some 60 painters across the northeast and midwest. He made time for 8 paintings when the scenery could tempt him to pull over between visits.
He likes to swap stories with other painters individually or in groups, and if you get him on his soapbox, some of his favorite subjects include: painting for the heck of it, selling your paintings (or not), different painting surfaces, archival stuff, Modern Art and art history. Anyone is welcome to ‘flag’ him down along his route for a cup of coffee and shop talk.
Leave a comment